QUALIFI Level 5 Information Technology
Qualifi Level 5 (Extended Diploma) offers learners aged 16 and above the knowledge, understanding and skills that they need to prepare for a career, continue in further education, or progress to higher education.
The rationale for the qualification is that it provides a career path for learners who wish to develop a broad base of knowledge and skills that will enable them to work in a variety of roles n the IT industry, notably in .NET programming, system administration and network security. Learners will also learn about entrepreneurship in a techno environment. The qualification is flexible in that it offers elective choices of networking, web design or e-commerce – the latter being much in demand in modern business.
Study the International Foundation Year at Sam Institute of Management Skills to prepare you for the direct first year entry to your desired undergraduate programme in the UK or internationally. The programme is designed especially for the international students who want a well-rounded, supportive introduction to an undergraduate degree.
At Sam Institute of Management, we offer Level 5 Diploma in Pre University Foundation, which upon completion, provides you an opportunity to study at a wide range of universities in the UK and other countries. The students of this programme have gone on to study at prestigious universities in the UK, Australia, Canada and the USA.
Additionally, Sam Institute of Management will guide and advise you in making university applications, including choosing the best university for you, checking the specific grades you need to achieve and helping you write a professionally acceptable application that secures your position in your desired undergraduate programme.
On successful completion of the programme you will be awarded the Qualifi Level 5 Extended Diploma in Pre U Foundation Studies.
Why Qualifi Level 5?
- provide career path support to learners who wish to develop their management skills, enterprise capabilities and opportunities in their chosen sector
- improve learner understanding of any given business environments and organisations and how they are managed and developed
- develop skills and abilities in learners to support their professional development.
- apply analytical and evaluative techniques and to enhance those skills
- investigate issues and opportunities
- develop their awareness and appreciation of managerial, organisational and environmental issues
- use management techniques and practices in imaginative ways
- make use of relevant information from different sources
- develop and encourage problem solving and creativity to tackle problems and challenges
- exercise judgement and take responsibility for decisions and actions
- develop the ability to recognise and reflect on personal learning and improve their personal, social and other transferable skills.
Qualifi Level 5 Extended Diploma gives opportunity to opt different pathways it may be appropriate for the candidate to progress to:
- Bachelor Program
- HND Program
- Level 5 Program
- Vocational qualification.
Qualify Level 5 Extended Diploma is also accepted in 784 Approved centres in 60 Countries including U.K., Pakistan, UAE or Malaysia.
Some options are:
- Royal Holloway, University of London
- University of Sussex
- Middlesex University
- University of Greenwich
- Regent’s University London
- Southampton Solent University
- University of Essex
- Chester University
- University of Sunderland
- Bangor University
- University of Wales, Trinity Saint David
- University of South Australia, Business School
Qualifi Level 5 Extended Diploma is consist of 15 Modules (1080 GLH) To complete the qualification, candidates must complete the 4 mandatory units and 6 optional units of the course.
- Network Security
- C#.NET Programming
- System Administration
- Network Routing and Switching
- Network Design and Administration
- Content Management Systems
- Web Design
- Business to Business (B2B) E-commerce
- Business to Consumer (B2C) E-commerce
All units will be internally assessed through written assignment, internally marked by the Qualifi approved centre and subject to external quality assurance by Qualifi.