- Instructor: SAM INSTITUTE
- Duration: 4 weeks
We are facing an obesity epidemic where almost 2 billion people worldwide are overweight and 650 million are obese. This is hugely contributing to a significant increase in chronic diseases like type-2 diabetes and heart related conditions. These chronic ailments are largely preventable by following a healthy diet combined with an active lifestyle.
This diploma in nutrition will be of great interest to all learners and healthcare professional who would like to learn the fundamentals of nutrition science. It provides an in-depth look into macro nutrients and micro nutrients and understand how they are essential for our bodies to grow and remain healthy.
Who this course is for:
- Anyone who wants to learn how to eat healthy and understand the fundamentals of nutritional science
- Health & Fitness Professionals who want to help their clients with general nutrition tips/guidelines
- Module-1: Introduction to Nutrition will start off by discussing nutrition and nutrients. You will understand the concept of Energy Balance, BMR [Basal Metabolic Rate], TDEE [Total Daily Energy Expenditure], figure out how to calculate them using certain equations and formulas.
- Module-2: Macro nutrients will dive deep into three macro nutrients i.e. carbohydrates, proteins and fats. We will learn everything about them, including their classifications, types, food sources and their functions and requirements.
- Module 3: Micro nutrients will discuss fat-soluble and water soluble vitamins, minerals, fiber, probiotics and water. We will do an in-depth discussion in the important functions that these micro nutrients play in human body, their best food sources and symptoms which may occur in case their is a deficiency of a respective nutrient in our diet. You will be also be provided a table, that depicts their daily values, adequate limit, and upper tolerable limits. Along with visually pleasing lecture slides, you will find a voice over presentation which explains all the slides in detail plus you will find the accompanying script in case you want to read [Helpful for people who are hearing impaired]
- Module 4 will provide you with 14 Nutritional Guidelines and 15 Healthy Snack Ideas and at least few diet plans both vegetarian and non-vegetarian.